It’s time to embrace the crisper air and do all things Fall! Rockwall County loves outdoor events, and these top 5 are sure to please, whatever you flare is. Check out our favorite ways to ring in the Autumn season!
- Visit Blase Family Farm This family owned farm is situated on 17 acres of wooded land in the heart of Rockwall and offers fall festivities for the whole family. Enjoy a petting zoo, hayride, and pumpkins galore! Admission is $7.00 per person and runs September 30-October 31st, 9:00 am-5:00 pm. Check out the fun at 1232 E. Fork Rd, Rockwall, TX 75087
- Run, Eat, and then Stay for the Live Music at the Rib, Run, & Roll 5K, 10K, and 1 mile Fun Run The Rib Run, and Roll has become a fall staple in Rockwall county, and you should join in on the tradition, too! There is more than enough fall fun to be had by all ages, including a 5k/10K, live music, and a sanctioned IBCA barbecue competition. The competition will also include brisket this year! Make sure to also bring the family for the kid zone, car and motorcycle show, and food vendors. In addition, tickets are available for the people’s choice wing tasting competition. Participants in the 8th annual race will run through historic downtown Rockwall while barbecue competitors are firing up their grills. The location for the 2016 event will be in the parking lots located between The Center and City Hall, visitor parking available at City Hall, 385 S. Goliad. The day begins at 8:00 am and concludes at 5:00 pm. Join us October 7th!
- Shop til’ you Drop at the Fall Aspasians Marketplace The Aspasians Marketplace Rockwall in Rockwall is a household name with locals, but this event boasts another great reason to visit Rockwall county. Since 1972, Rockwall has hosted a one of a kind marketplace showcasing hand-made items, vintage decor, jewelry, gifts, and fine art. Food vendors and a variety of booths make a visit to the marketplace a fun, family experience. While it began as a small fair, over the years the event has grown to host over two hundred unique vendors. The fall marketplace is happening on Saturday, October 14th from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at Wilkerson-Sanders Memorial Stadium (1201 T.L. Townsend Dr.). Join us and get a head start on your seasonal decor purchases!
- Visit the Rockwall Square at Night Owls Shop Late Til’ 8:00 You can shop late on the square in downtown Rockwall on the second Friday of every month. This initiative, which began in October of 2013, was in response to customer’s request to shop later hours in downtown Rockwall. Each month the “Night Owl” stores offer a variety of promotions, refreshments, and door prizes as part of the special evening. An owl placed outside a downtown Rockwall storefront is a symbol that the retail store is participating in “Night Owls Shop Late Till 8.” Each retailer has a uniquely decorated owl to represent their store and showcase their style. This shop late concept is gaining momentum with shoppers, and is adding an even greater energy to the already revitalized historic downtown Rockwall.
Come visit historic downtown Rockwall to indulge in this shopping opportunity with the Night Owls and enjoy all Rockwall has to offer.
- Sample Brews and Run at the Royse City Chamber FunFest, MicroFest, and RunFest
So much fun to be had in one place! The 2016 Royse City FunFest will include a 5K- RunFest, a craft beer experience- MicroFest, vendor booths, live music, and KidsZone. Literally, there is something for everyone! Make plans to enjoy this unique experience on October 21st from 12:00-5:00 pm. Admission is free unless you are participating in the race.